126

Captain on the Bridge!




I have been DYING to get over Cinema for one item (not to discount all the amazing things for sale at Cinema!) but I am a die hard trekkie. Seriously. My mother was a classic Star Trek nut and so I grew up watching the old crew on TV Land re-runs. Then TNG came into play - it was our favorite show. We'd watch it together, my sister, my mother, and I. Then came DS9! And Voyager! Enterprise! 

Out of all the series, I loved the looks of the classic the best. Especially the women. I mean what's not to love about space babes in the military wearing sexy boots, mini dresses, and tights? Lets not forget the righteous make up and the giant hair. I loved the instruments they used and how space age and technological things were interpreted - it makes me wonder what Gene Roddenberry would think of today's iAnything. 

I couldn't just wear the dress, so I found a pretty awesome replica of the old fashioned tricorder (it even makes the whirrring noise) and a freebie communicator (it doesn't have SIRI, sorry). Also? I found the best bridge builds at a pretty awesome store called Herbit Creations. He has many builds that are rezzer ready for the Horizon holodeck. 

And the color gold? In the older series 'Gold' was the color of command rather than engineering/ops. In TNG, commanders and Engineers swapped colors. I'm the ****ing captain. 


Credits:
Dress:    E! Eclectic Apparel - SciFi Dress (Yellow)~Cinema
Tights:    Attitudes - Lace Pantyhose (Black C)
Boots:    HOC Industries - Thigh High Boots
Communicator:    It's free!
Hair:    Truth - Dawson (Cranberry) New!
Eyes:    IKON - Horizon Eyes (Pale Azure)
Skin:    League - Jen (Fair Bloom)




Leave a Reply