133

Skankless in Seattle


I'm excited to announce that Picture This! Poses is going to be in the latest event from the Ego. Co. The event is called Around the World and is angled at showcasing the cultural melting pot that is SecondLife. I'm really super excited over this because it gave me an excuse to conjure up some belly dance poses for my fledgling pose store.

Making the poses was a snap. I'm a belly dancer in real life (okay, more of a teacher now), but I signed up for The Middle East as my designated area. I figured this would be the best place to plop my poses because I am a folkloric and Egyptian style dancer. And then I started trying to costume myself in SecondLife.

Bellydancing is big all over the world, but of course it originates from the Middle East. However, the Turkish and Greeks have put their own stylized flares on the dance. Lebanon, too. Many dancer describe the differences as Egypt being a more earthy, grounded dance and Turkish/Greek styles being more airy and light. Costumes from Egypt tend to have a more classy appearance while Turkey? Well, um, not so much. No matter how classical their dance form is, the Turkish costume is very glitzy and sexy.

I've been having a hard time piecing together a decent looking belly dance costume that's not poorly textured, a mess of ill fitting sculpts, bad alpha layers, and terrible flexie prims. I think I have spent close to $3,000 Linden in trying to get an Egyptian look down - settling for Turkish - and then just not having it work. I was kind of getting ready to piecemeal myself a casual outfit and name my pose Sha'abi Street and then, at the last instant, found this $99L dress set.

It's pretty basic, I'm not going to lie. However, wading through the terrible mesh alphas and shoddy sculpts made this simple system layer ensemble a breath of fresh air. And sure, the hips are a bit low - So low that I would peg this dress in Turkey rather than Egypt - but it's still got a formal, classical feel that usually accompanies the Egyptian look.


Credits:
Shirt/Skirt:    *RAMP* Designs - Beauty has a Name 
Jewelry:    ~Soedara~ - Marefa
Hair:    Truth - Marley (Cranberry w/ roots) New!
Eyes:    IKON - Sunrise Eyes (Pale Azure)
Lashes:    Beetle Bones Mesh Lashes (Dainty Black)
Nails:    Synthetique - Red Colour Tactics Series
Skin:    LAQ - Essential Elle (Tone 1.0) New!
Pose:    Picture This! Poses - Dance Stance [For Around the World]

Leave a Reply